Hello everyone, I like to take this opportunity to praise all our wonderful school children who participated the essay contest. We received over 2000 essays during the competition. It was a difficult time with Island wide curfew and limited access to everything around. Fortunately, many kids participated and there were so many good essays. Even the primary grade students were very creative with adding decorations and art work to their essays. At the same time about 40 to 50% student have neglected the rules by not following the number of words allowed and also writing on their own topics. Many Essays were written on Covid-19 and Corona Virus. It is also unfortunate that few hundred essays have no name and contact information.Regardless of the content and the number of words, we have decided to award a voucher worth Rs. 1000 from M D Gunasena & Co. along with a certificate to every participant to encourage our wonderful children to do more in the future.The following student was selected to receive the first house as one of the grand prize winners.
Miss. R. G Imani Harakara Rajamanthri , Grade 10, Dunhinna Secondary Vidayalaya, Werapitiya
We also have the following 5 students shortlisted for the second house giveaway. We are still verifying the details provided and checking with Grama Niladari (Village Officer) from the respective areas and the winner will be announced by next Friday.
1. A. V. Sanika Sakinthani, Grade 7, Pinnaduwa Jayanthi Maha Vidayalaya, Pinnaduwa, Walahanduwa, Galle
2. Sehasni Akarsha Hitibandara, Grade 4, Diddeniya Primary School, Kosgahahena, Padukka
3. Anasya Abeedi Ratnayaka, Grade 3, Bandaranayake Maha Vidayalaya, Lindara, Meerigama
4. Dinithi Sandeepani Ratnayake, Grade 12, D S Senanayake Maha Vidayala, Kandalama, Dambulla
5. W M Nethmi Baghya, Grade 8, Nalanda Balika Maha Vidayala, Divulapitiya
Here are the list of schools selected to receive the followings;
- Halpe Ekanayake K. V, Halpe, Meerigama – Rs. 100,000.00 towards installing a water tank, pump and 4 outlets with wash basins.
- Welipathayaya Primary School, Welipathayaya – Rs. 100,000.00 towards installing tube well, a water tank, pump and 4-5 outlets with wash basins.
- Urawila Vidayalaya, Weligepola – Rs. 100,000.00 towards repairs to existing building structures.
- Vidyaloka Vidayalaya, Hokandara – Rs. 50,000.00 towards building a special education classroom.
- Wathurugama M V , Gampaha – Rs. 50,000.00 towards getting school blazers.
- Siri Mihidhu Daham Pasala, Kotaweheramankada – Rs. 50,000.00 towards getting desks and chairs.
- Vidyananda Daham Pasala, DhamvalOdaya – Rs. 50,000.00 towards getting desks and chairs.
Once announced all the decisions made by us for the prize winners will be final. The grand prizes are awarded based on the need, current economic and family or school’s situations etc. A list of all the prize winners will be published on Wijaya Newspapers.